The Report “Who Has Your Back” drafted by “Electronic Frontier Foundation” revolves around 5 main criterion’s which are relevant to any Companies privacy and data policy.
- Follows Industry Accepted Best Practices
- Tells Users About Government Data Demands
- Discloses Policies on Data Retention
- Discloses Government Content Removal Requests
- Pro-user Public Policy: opposes backdoors
The Group has analyzed 24 Companies in total including Facebook and other Social media Companies. While Whatsapp and AT&T could only meet just one Criteria out of 5 required criterion’s, Apple and couple of others have met all 5 criterion’s making them the best when it comes to protecting users privacy.
Also Major companies like Microsoft and Google have met just 3 criterion’s, Which is not good when large number of users depend so much on these 2 companies. Here is how major companies stand in this report. You can access the full report here.